Leonida Reitano is a leading global open-source intelligence (OSINT) gathering expert. For over 12 years he has conducted online investigations, provided training, and researched the continually evolving field of OSINT. Leo has also presented at a number of international cybersecurity conferences on the topic of OSINT and conducting safe, efficient, and effective online investigations.
Based in Italy, Leo’s public sector clients include the Italian police force, the Italian Ministry of Finance, Milan University, and the defense industry. Some of his private sector clients include US media outlets, private investigators, insurance companies, and banks.
Leo is highly proficient in Paterva’s Maltego open-source gathering software as he continually uses it as a freelancer online investigator. Leo also runs group training classes in Europe on how to use Maltego and its various transforms, such as Social Links, which is used to gather information on, and analyse, online activity such as social media networks and the deep web. Leo also makes a concerted effort to teach students on how to use Maltego to present findings in a pdf report format so third parties can easily interpret information.
He has trained hundreds of individuals: police officers, corporate investigators, intelligence analysts, fraud analysts, journalists, private investigators. Among the companies which employees he trained there are: Kroll, Unicredit, Agusta-Westland, Admiral Group, ACFE, RCS Mediagroup, and the Counterterrorism branch of the Italian National Police. He has also taught many college courses related to Personal Digital Security, OSINT, and Data Journalism and he has been invited as a speaker at several national and international conferences
His book, “Esplorare Internet” has been a top seller in Italy and has been used as a hadbook by several public and private organizations.
Leonida Reitano is also a certified instructor for Social Links and official OSINT trainer of the Italian Police Force (Polizia di Stato).
About the training
The advanced Maltego/ Social Links training program will teach participants a systematical, methodological approach to design, setup, and conduct investigations through open sources. We will show a practical, hands-on training that will give the students all the skills and tools they need to do an effective Open Source Intelligence research and analysis achieving good, reliable results. Participants will return home with all the abilities they need to execute a correct Internet Search by using Maltego and Social Links.
Workshop duration : 3 days (21 hours)
- Basic knowledge of Information Technology and attitude to the use of IT tools
- Basic knowledge of Open Source Intelligence and Social Media Intelligence
Who Should take this course:
Law enforcement or Intelligence professionals, Online Investigators, Risk Management Professionals, Military Personnel, Geopolitical Analysts, Corporate Investigators, Diplomatic staff and foreign affairs professionals, Journalists.
- Understanding OSINT (theoretical and technical aspects);
- Setting and preparation of Maltego Dashboard
- Entities and transforms Maltego bread and butter
- Importing CSV and datasheet in Maltego
- Maltego as Visual Investigative Scenario
- Using Social Link to investigate Facebook profiles
- Using Social Links to Investigate Twitter profiles
- Incorporating Graph Queries in Maltego Through Scraping
- Incorporating Twitter manual queries in Maltego Through Scraping
- How to get companies information around the world by using Social Links
- Maltego as Personal Search Engine
- Profiling people and organizations
Software to be installed
Students must come with a modern laptop configured with the following software:
- Google Chrome (latest version)
- Microsoft Office or equivalent software (Open Office)
- Maltego PRO client
- Further setup instructions, will be sent to the students that will enroll in the training